- Students will design a composition that has a distinct foreground, middleground and background.
- Students will incorporate the points of an interesting composition.
- Students will express their creativity using a combination of 3 different mediums.
- Graphite pencil
- Sharpie pen
- Students will design a composition with three layers:
- By overlapping and placing things at different baselines, something will be drawn in the front, something will be in the middle, and a final choice will fill the back.
- Students will create each layer of their composition from the following choices:
*Spheres or any spherical item (a variety of sizes)
*Popcorn (or any item that is magnified larger than life in size)
*Abstract (or any everyday object that can be abstracted in some way)
- On a sheet of newsprint, students will first brainstorm and plan several different thumbnail sketches of their possible composition for this assignment.
- Choose the most successful sketch and enlarge it onto a 9″x 12″ sheet of paper.
- To create strong variety and contrast between each layer, preplan and choose a contrasting medium for each of the three grounds.
- After it is completed, students will orally critique their designs.