- Students will learn how to construct a color wheel using color theory.
- Students will learn how to identify and mix colors: hues, tints, & shades.
- Students will express creativity with color and design.
- Tempera paints (red, blue, yellow, black & white)
- Paint brushes
- Water jars
- Using a compass, students will draw a circle with a 1-inch radius. Outside of the circle, draw a circle with a 2-inch radius, and outside that circle, draw a center circle with a 31/2-inch radius. (three color wheels total)
- Students will draw a vertical line to divide the circles in half (12 o’clock to 6 o’clock).
- Students will draw a horizontal line to divide the circles into fourths (3 o’clock to 9 o’clock).
- Students will divide each of the fourths into equal thirds, (1 o’clock to 7 o’clock, 2 o’clock to 8 o’clock, 4 o’clock to 10 o’clock, and 5 o’clock to 11 o’clock). (This will equal 12 separate pieces total.)
- Students will extend/change the outside contours (rounded lines) of each piece to make it become more creative.
- Students will identify and create the hues on the 1st color wheel
*primary *secondary *intermediate
7. Students will identify and create tints of each color on the 2nd wheel.
8. Students will identify and create shades of each color on the 3rd wheel.
9. Students will paint the background black. A black contrasting background will make the colors seem to pop forward from the page.)
Prompt: Must include from Rev 11:
Pregnant woman with a crown of 12 stars clothed with the sun and underfoot the moon.
Red dragon with 7 heads, 10 horns, 7 diadems (crowns) with tail sweeping down 1/3 of the stars in Heaven and casting them to Earth.