Prove knowledge of perspective rules using a variety of views.
Prove knowledge of color harmonies using a specific light source.
Learn painting techniques necessary to render form with light an shadows to understand tints and shades.
Complete homework: Drawing in 2 pt. perspective.
View the PDF provided for a refresher on linear perspective and ellipses.
- Design an interesting composition of arranged open boxes and other geometric forms, which are drawn using correct perspective techniques.
- Boxes must be arranged in a logical arrangement –no floating boxes.
- Boxes must be placed in a variety of views / perspectives.
- All boxes must show evidence of one specific light source.
- Boxes must be painted accurately using a specific color harmony:
- Monochromatic– tints on the outside/ shades on the inside.
- Complementary– warm color on the outside/ cool on the inside.
- Analogous– lightest hue on the light source side/ darkest hue on the opposite side of the inside.