You will use oil pastel or acrylic paint to create a landscape in exaggerated and often strange colors.
- Brown may NOT be used on the tree trunk or branches.
- Green is NOT may not be used on the leaves.
- Your paper or painting surface should have intense color (use art paper or prime canvas w/ color)
- Take a photo of a tree that you find inspiring. Pay close attention to the composition. Symmetrical (tree or road right in the middle of paper) is NOT good. Have parts of the composition go off the edge of the page in areas
*If you don’t take your own photo, you may use one of the ones below to guide your composition.
You may also use images from Creative commons:
google image searcxh
Other photos must get pre-approved by me.
Your photo is only a GUIDE. It will help you create some depth, guide your composition, but you’re NOT just copying the photo. You will have to simplify and alter things to make it work for this assignment.
- Lightly sketch composition in pencil first keeping the rule of thirds in mind.
- Begin adding color!